Are you looking for an effective psychotherapy session?
Solution Focused Therapy is a brief approach to psychotherapy that aims to look at the best possible solutions to the person who seeks help in minimum time. It is an evidence-based psychological intervention where people get benefitted in 1 to 5 meeting generally. One session may last from 40 to 60 minutes.
What to expect from therapy?
- More focus on desired outcome or solution instead of dwelling on past mistakes or problems excessively.
- Discovering skills and capacities that help you cope with, which you were not aware of.
- A neutral therapeutic relationship that helps you look towards the future with hope.
- Tangible benefits and results in a short period of time.
Who can benefit from SFBT?
Rather than labelling and categorizing a person’s problems as coming from an underlying condition or disorder, the therapist will pay attention to the symptoms or the distress of the help seeker. This approach enables seeing the person as a whole rather than as a checklist of problems.
Even though SFBt is a transdiagnostic approach, there are several scientific evidence that SFBT can be beneficial for individuals, couples or families who are working through issues of:
- Anxiety, Depression, Stress
- Eating Disorders
- Relationship problems
- Anger Management
- Substance Abuse
- Gambling, mobile addictions
- Behavioural problems
Is SFBT for everyone?
Solution Focused Brief Therapy may be ineffective for everyone who can establish a useful conversation with the therapist. SFBT also seems to be effective where the client has been tried before without success with other therapeutic approaches.
You will be able to get an appointment with Dr. Jaseem Koorankot through sending an SMS or WhatsApp message on +91 9539933211.
Click here to book an appointment